Sunday, October 12, 2008

Been lazy-

on updating this thing. I am sorry. I can check my email and get on preg.org at work, but not blogs. So, I check on some stuff at work, but I forget to come home and update this blog!

It's almost been a month since my last update. You would think I had tons to blog about.

The fireplace is still coming along. It's looking really good. I am amazed at how handy my dear ole' hubby is. He has no idea how to do it, but he's doing a great job! I will update a photo on that soon. (Hopefully it'll also be done soon. ;) )

Randall is working hard. His job is sending him to take some basic electricity classes, so hopefully when the next maintenance job comes along, he will get it. He's been waiting, and waiting. He finally handed up to God, and what happens? They tell him the next job will be his. I just hope they don't back stab him like they did last time.

Ruthie is going through a really clingy stage. She doesn't want either of us to leave her. The only people she doesn't cry with is family. She was doing really well at school, but here lately, she's not. She's not doing well at church either. She quits crying after a few minutes, but it's so hard to leave her crying. I know she is fine though. She's growing and learning. What a smart cookie we have on our hands. At school they are working on matching, and big & little. I wouldn't think she would learn it all as fast as she does, b/c she only goes part-time. I was wrong. She points out everything that is big and little. Even the toilet paper holders in public bathrooms. You know how they have one big roll, and one small roll. Yep, that's big & little to a toddler! LOL! When it comes to matching, she will find something that matches the color of my shirt and say "Mommy, it matches!" She's doing better than her daddy! ;)

Work is going well for me. I enjoy it and I don't work hard, so that's always a plus. The morning sickness has let up a bit, but I still get really bad acid indigestion after supper. I don't enjoy that one bit. Tums makes me sick, so forget those. I don't know what else to do. My classes at church are going really great. This month is pastor appreciation month, so I got my class to make Bro. Troy some cards. I think they had a fun time doing it. I had plenty of scrapping stuff, so I thought it would be a nice way to let him know that we all appreciate him. He's an amazing pastor. We just started our new Wednesday night, Warrior's of the Word (W.O.W.) classes. I am teaching it with a friend from church. We have 5th & 6th graders. Last Wednesday was our first night, and it went well. It's going to take a while to get used to doing things a different way.

Friday was my first doctor appointment. We heard the heartbeat right away. It was amazing. Ruthie didn't know what to think. I think next month we should be able to find out what the gender is. I am super excited about that b/c I haven't bought anything. At least I can start buying cloth diapers that go for a boy or girl. I don't have to buy orange, yellow, or green. LOL. I am officially in the 2nd trimester today! Yahoo! That just means we need to get on the ball with everything though.

Well, we are headed off to church. I made pumpkin bread for our pot luck tonight. My house smells wonderful, like fall! I need to get it all cut up before we go. I hope everyone has a great week!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You'll have to post pics of the fireplace later. :)

I can't believe you are already in your second trimester! YAY! I can't wait to find out what you are having too. lol

Ruthie is such a darling. I love reading about her accomplishments.

The W.O.W. program sounds like it will be a real blessing.

Mari said...

Yeah for the second trimester! I can't believe it. I'll be excited to see pictures of the fireplace. I also hope Randall gets that next job. Sounds like he deserves it.

Kristin said...

Thanks for updating us Sadie. Glad that you are all doing so well. Can't wait to hear about the U/S results.

Cheri said...

So glad to hear from you!
Sounds like everything is going well.
Can't wait to hear the gender!

Emily said...

I don't think you're lazy, just pregnant :) Glad everything is going well and I want to see the fireplace!

Stephanie said...

YEAH! It has gone SO fast. SO glad things are going so well! I used Gaviscon for my heartburn during pregnancy (the only time I have ever had it!) and it worked WONDERS. It foams up on top of the acid and keeps it from coming up into your trachea. It really helped. I went through several bottles. I am not sure if the Tums taste is what gets you though. These are not much better. Chalky but SO worth it! I will be praying it gets better....
Stephanie