Sunday, October 19, 2008

Tearful morning service-

I just love when you hear a sermon that means so much to you, that it touches you so deep, and you are moved to tears?! Well, we had one this morning. Don't get me wrong every sermon is important, and I enjoy them all, just this one hit me good and hard.

Brother Troy was talking about things you don't need to sell off in your life. On one topic, he was saying how parents these days send their children off to schools or daycares, and feel as though they are learning all they need. He went on to say that before there were boys & girls clubs, schools, daycares, after school activities, we had what we needed to raise our children right, God & the Bible. We don't need any of those other things to give our children the one true thing they need. Public schools don't even allow God to be in them. How wrong is that? Luckily, Ruthie is in church, and Randall and I are doing right by showing her the right way to live. She loves to pray, always blesses the food, and LOVES to sing Christian songs. It amazes me how much she soaks up. She's so little, yet she knows more than some adults do about our amazing Savior!

He also said that parents are teaching their children the names of the Hollywood stars, and the name of the singers, while they need to be teaching them the Word of God. They need to know who TRUE heros are. True heros can be anyone along the lines of a veteran, volunteer, pastor, amazing people of the Bible, or a family member. This is what we need to be teaching our children.

I always get teary eyed when he speaks about raising children. The one thing I want more than anything, is to know that my precious children are saved. I don't know for sure if they will be, but I do know one thing, I will die telling my children of the wonderful amazing Savior we have. I want to be a true hero in my childrens' lives. I want them to say that their mommy or daddy told them of Jesus. What an amazing feeling that will be.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, so true Sadie! Just reading your *post* about the sermon brings tears to my eyes. Lord, help us all to be the best parents to our children that you gave us and placed in our care. So important!

Kristin said...

Sadie that sounds like a great sermon and lesson in life. Thanks for sharing it with me.

Cheri said...

You are such a great mom Sadie- your children are surely going to know that their parents loved them and brought them up to know God loves them most of all!

Mari said...

I know what you mean about a message that brings you to tears. I love when that happens too. I think you and Randall are great parents. Ruthie is blessed to have you both as parents and of course - you are so blessed to have her. (and baby #2!)

BethAnne said...

Amen sister! Your pastor is very wise.........