Tuesday, July 17, 2012

A new journey

I am a bit excited about this new journey.  I used to be a decently skinny girl.  I was never a rail, but I sure was a lot healthier looking than I am now. I am a short woman, 5'3 or so.  I was just about perfect (even though I thought I was fat) in high school.  Well, I didn't realize just how easily pounds add on if you aren't active.  By the time I was married, I had gained about ten pounds or so.  After that, they just kept adding and adding.  I would try things here and there to help get it off, but nope, I never did.  I weigh more now that what I did going in to have Ruthie.  It's a shame.  What I see in the mirror is NOT what I see in my head, so it's very, very depressing. I am overweight and I hate it.  I hate the way I look.  I know I will never be skinny like I was in high school, but I want to be smaller and healthier so I will have more energy to be with my kids.  So, I am starting this journey with the Body By Vi shakes.  I am very excited.  I have heard nothing but WONDERFUL things and today was my beginning.  I have been walking with a great group of women and it's pushing me.  I hope that with the exercising and shakes, I can "shake it off!"  I want to be who I think I am, b/c what I see in that mirror, I.do.not.like.  Please say a prayer for me so that I stick with it, and I pray that I can shake this off!  If you are interested, please let me know!

Here is the best before picture I could find!  Hope that this changes quickly!  :)

1 comment:

Mari said...

Good for you! I've been fighting it most of my life too. Like you, I thought I was overweight in high school, but really was ok. However, with each of the kids I gained more. I lost 50 pounds last year, but since Feb I've been at a standstill and I need to kick it into gear again. I'll be praying for you and cheering you on!