Wednesday, June 14, 2017

We Could Never....

Hi again everyone!  It's been quite some time since I have blogged, but I have some big news!  We FINALLY opened our home for fostering!  Our CALL coordinator asked for bloggers to blog about foster care and I figured now was as good of a time as ever to open this back up and begin blogging!

The title of this post is "We Could Never."  I want to begin with the fact that this was not our view on fostering.  In fact, it was something God called us to do and we answered.  We knew that if God called us, He would equip us.  That's exactly what He has done.  I titled this post because I hear those words often.  So often when people see us with our G-Man, I am told, "I'm so proud of your family.  We could never do it."

People, let me first just tell you this.  You CAN do this.  Will there be difficult times?  Of course.  Will there be tears shed?  Of course.  However, would you rather these sweet, precious children not experience love?  Don't they deserve us being attached and loving them?  Don't they deserve someone crying over them.  Don't they deserve our prayers?  Don't they deserve a home where they will feel safe and protected?  If you answered yes to any of those questions, then you CAN do it.  In the end, it's not about us, it's about them.  I think having my heart broken is worth it for these children to feel showered in God's love!

As we enter the unknown, we have to trust that God is by our side.  He will guide us and give us all we need.

No comments: