Thursday, December 13, 2007

Handing it over to Him-

It's just one thing I have to learn to do. It's the hardest thing to do, but I have to do it. He can handle it. He has endured so much, nothing compared to me.

At church, I have begun taking notes in my notebook. I learned that I pay attention much better. Every time he says a scripture, I write it down before I look it up, that way I can always go back to it if I didn't hear him too well. It's helped me out a lot. Last Sunday, he went through so many different scriptures. He was talking about the birth of Christ, and the earliest prophesies of when and how He would be born. It was amazing. There were a few that stuck out to me.

John 14:1-4

" Let not your your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. And where I go you know, and they way you know."

He IS coming. Only He knows when, but I can't wait. I am ready. I have accepted Him as my Saviour. When that day comes.........what an AMAZING day that will be. I get all excited thinking about it!

1 Thessalonians 4:16-18

" For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. When we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words."

The reason I placed the word comfort in bold is b/c that is EXACTLY what that scripture does to me. I find comfort in that scripture. That no matter how hard and stressful life is, He is there. I just have to put my faith and trust in Him. Amazing is His word! Amazing!

Ok, after typing all this, I thought of a challenge or idea I guess you would say. If you are reading this, I would like to know YOUR favorite scripture, or one you find comfort in. Let me know. I would love to read up on it!



Update on Grandad- He ended up having his gallbladder removed. I think it was for the best. He is still in the hospital, but Randall is up there now. He has only been alone one night. I am so happy that Randall can be there for him. As much as I want him home, I know Grandad needs him more. Ruthie sure is missing him though. He will be released tomorrow. Of course he is being stubborn and wants to go home instead of going to Dad's, where he can be looked after at all times. I love him for it though!

I hope Ruthie isn't getting sick. She has this horrible cough. Poor baby. I think it's starting to get to her throat. She was saying "Mommy" and sticking her fingers in her mouth earlier. Please pray for her. I hate seeing her not feel like her normal self. I got some cute/nerdy pics of her that I need to upload and then I will share them!

I am feeling a little stressed tonight. I know this weekend will only add more. Tomorrow is Randall's work Christmas party. Sue is keeping Ruthie overnight I think. I know we will have a good time. Saturday morning is his plant's children's Christmas party. Saturday night is Lexie's pageant, which I am really looking forward to! Sunday is church that morning, and Amethyst's play that evening. I will just have to nap with Ruthie over the weekend that way I make sure I get some rest.

Have a great weekend everyone!




No comments: