Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Time is flying by!


Words can't describe how fast time has flown. In a way it's sad b/c I wish I could just video-tape it all so I can watch it all over again. Ruthie is growing so fast. New words are coming out of her mouth daily. She amazes me. Last night was such a sweet moment. Words won't even come close to explaining this moment, but I will give it my best shot. Randall and I were laying in the living room watching t.v. Ruthie was just playing in the floor with her babies, books, and cars. She picked up one of her favorite books, Babies First Bible Songs. I look over and she is sitting there swaying back and forth holding her little finger up, singing- This Little Light Of Mine. What a PRECIOUS moment that was. Oh how sweet her voice is. I teared up. Randall and I both stopped what we were doing instantly, and crawled down there and sang the whole book with her, again and again. She loved it, but not near as much as we did. She is so beautiful. It's moments like these that I pray I will never forget. It's moments like this that I need to remember when she is throwing fits and my patience is running out. It's moments like this when I need to remember what life is all about. It's moments like this that I need to remember when life isn't going exactly how I want it. Thank you God for giving Randall & I such a precious, precious gift. She shows us how much you do love us. You were willing to give us someone that adores us and loves us no matter what we do. Thank you Lord, thank you.

Friday I was sooooo sick. I felt worse than I have felt in a long time. Randall had to work. I called in, felt awful about it, but there was no way I could take care of those kiddos. I went to the doc and he told me it was the bug that was going around. I came home and slept. Ruthie was so good and was an angel. Saturday I felt much better. So, Randall, Grandad, Steph, Ruthie, Amethyst, and I all headed up to OK to see Dad & Darlene. Their new house is just beautiful. We ended up staying overnight, but we had a great time. Ruthie loved spending time with them and I know they enjoyed it as well. I hope that we are able to do it again someday.

The word trust was brought to my attention the other day. It amazes me how this word made me see so much more. Let's just say that it changed the way Randall and I felt. We talked about it and we realized that we need to hold one hand up for God, and hold the other up for each other. We need to grow together with him, not apart. I want so bad to grow with Randall. We are studying together and enjoying each other much more. I hope that this continues.

No comments: