Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Sharing a loved recipe

I am by NO means a great cook.  I don't make my own recipes.  I try to find EASY recipes out there to cook b/c I am not fond of cooking.  I don't mind to bake though.  Growing up, we always had Pumpkin Bread.  Everyone who tries it, loves it, especially Randall's side of the family, especially Granddad.  He always gets his own loaf!  Since I am making a million loaves today (well, actually just 9) I thought I would share the recipe.  The secret is the coffee cans.  Most people bake it in bread loaf pans. This recipes calls for metal coffee cans.  I think it holds the flavor in just a bit better!

Yummy Pumpkin Bread

Ingredients:
3 cups of all purpose flour
1tsp of cinn
2 tsps of baking soda
1.5 tsp salt
2/3 cup water
3 cups of sugar
1 cup veg oil
4 eggs
2/3 can of pumpkin

Steps:
Cream sugar and oil with mixer in a large bowl.  Beat eggs in another med bowl.  Add pumpkin and water- whip with eggs.  In sugar and oil mixture, add egg mixture and other ingredients.  Mix well.  Grease and flour 3 coffee cans.  Evenly fill the 3 coffee cans with the mix.  (about 2/3 of the way full)  Bake for one hour @ 350.

I am a huge fan of this pumpkin bread and so are my kiddos.  Ruthie especially loves it!  Give it a try and let me know what you think!  By the way....I am not a huge fan of pumpkin, nor flavored bread, so if you are picky like me, please, still give it a try!  I love how they make perfect round slices!




3 comments:

Mari said...

We love pumpkin bread, but I haven't made it for some time. I don't have any coffee cans though - and it's a rarity for us to drink it. I'll have to try it in pans. :)

Sadie said...

We bought coffee just for the cans. I put the coffee in a baggie and I am giving it to a coffee drinker! :)

Anonymous said...

WOW.
Sounds Yummy.
Will definately be trying in the morning.