Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Why does it take sad things.....


to make you realize what you have? I went to a viewing last night of our local pharmacist. He was such a loving man, kind to everyone. He had such a good family. He died of a massive heart attack at the age of 57. I walked out with my mom and dad, and I didn't even hug my dad or tell him that I loved him. What kind of person am I? I just watched 3 young adults hug everyone from our town, and I forget to hug my father who is ALIVE?! I am beating myself up pretty bad, but I think I deserve it. Randall called and I told him how I felt. He told me to just call him. I felt bad b/c they go to bed at 7 pm, and here it is 9 pm, but I did it and I feel so much better. There wasn't much said. I was in tears and when I am in tears, words don't come out easily. I just told him I was sorry it was so late, but I wanted to let him know that I loved him. I hope he knows how much he does mean to me. He wasn't always happy and cheerful growing up, but he is a great Pappy to Ruthie and that means everything to me. He is a good daddy. I remember his warm gentle hands. I remember him being there when Mom was mad at me for no reason. I know this may sound silly, but I needed to get this out. He means a lot to me, and I needed to tell him and I am so thankful that I didn't miss another day without letting him know.

1 comment:

I'm Tara. said...

Awww, Sadie. That was so beautiful to read! I know what you mean about something bad making you realize the good. It shouldn't be that way, but I think that unfortunately, it is for most people. *hugs* I am so glad you talked to your dad!!