Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy 2008!

How time flies once you have kids. I never thought life would go this fast. Growing up, I never believed adults when they said, once you have kids, time flies. They were not lying. It seems like yesterday Ruthie was born. That was almost 2 years ago.....TWO YEARS!

We went to church tonight. It was a really good service. It was all about the spiritual gift of service. I wish I could have been there to hear about all the spiritual gifts, but I think we only caught the last 3-4. It was before we started going there. I am looking forward to catching a new subject matter to study on Wednesday and being there from the beginning, not just jumping in the middle. I wanted to talk to our preacher's wife and ask her about the women's study group or if there is one. I would love to join in and meet some of the women there. I think I would really enjoy it. It isn't a huge church by any means, but I would like to find out more.

We rang in the new year with Keith and Danielle. I was positive I wouldn't make it past 10 pm, but I made it to 2:30. We stayed up all night playing Guitar Hero 2 & 3. What nerds huh? I had a ball. I wasn't too good at it, but it was fun.

I am hoping to start this year, and continue on my path with the Lord. I think I am doing well. I am studying, going to church, and learning to lean on Him. It's not easy, although it should be. I wish I could say it was. Why is something so easy, so hard for us all to do?

I have had almost 2 full weeks off from having daycare kids. I *might* have my nieces tomorrow, but I will definitely have my other niece and nephew. Friday I will have my nieces, and that is it. I am looking forward to spending quality time with them! Randall is at his fire meeting right now and Ruthie is down for the night. If you are reading this, and you don't mind, could you please say a prayer for Ruthie. She has a horrible cough and I hope she can get over it on her own. It's so hard to watch your little one not feel good. I hope she gets a good nights rest. Thanks.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Great post Sadie! I pray the same for 2008! Blessings to you all....