Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I just had to share.....

Ruthie's love for her Bible! My sister's bought her a small New Testament Bible when she was born with her name engraved on it. She watches Randall & I read ours so she wanted one too. I grabbed this one and let her use it for a while. She misplaced it in the house, so I found a similar one that she could use. She LOVES it! She will carry it around and "read" it! While we were at Randall's dad's house a couple of weekends ago, she did the same thing. She just carried it around everywhere. My mom bought her a cute Bible tote bag that says "Jesus Loves Me." I carry a Bible bag to church, so she has to as well. Today, she found the Bible that my sister's got her and wanted to "read" it, so she sat on the couch and looked at it for a while. Here's a photo. Oh, yes I know she's reading it upside down! She's just that smart!

Also, my sister-in-law let me borrow her Veggie Tales Sunday Morning Songs CD. Ruthie adores this cd. It makes me smile listening to her little voice sing "Jesus Loves the Little Children," "Joshua Fought the Battle of Jericho," "He's Got the Whole World In His Hands," and all the other ones. Those are her favorites. Oh, and "I've Got the Joy"! We sing them all the time in the truck. She is so precious to my heart!

4 comments:

Mari said...

Even though our kids are grown, we love Veggie-tales! That is a really cute picture of Ruthie!

The Boulais' said...

I think that she is just adorable! I hope it's her favorite book!

Cheri said...

She is obviously a brilliant child!! It is so sweet to hear your child sing those great songs!

Stephanie said...

Oh that is Abby Kate's FAVORITE cd too! We listen to it numerous times a day. I love hearing praise from her mouth, even though she is not mentally aware of Whom she is praising...but soon she will! We were in the car the other day, and she sang "My God is so BIG, so STRONG and so MIGHTY...there's nothing my God cannot do!" And you know, I was walking through a hard thing that day and I know the Holy Spirit reached into her little brain and called upon that song to minister to my heart....and to remind me that He is big indeed! You are a great Momma!
Stephanie