Wednesday, May 28, 2008

More confusion-

I have an interview at a daycare tomorrow. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers. I have no desire to do so, b/c I want to be at home with Ruthie, but I have to do what's best for our family.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wanted to post this on my blog. I know there are few Christians who read this! Brother Troy said something in church today that made me think twice about gas prices.

"Maybe God is using the gas prices to make America slow down and focus on Him instead of running ourselves ragged and not having time or being too tired to attend church."

I know a lot of people who tell me that Sunday is their only day to rest b/c they are running all week long and they want to rest and not attend church. We have lowered our trips to town. Instead of going whenever we want, we go on Wednesdays and Sundays. That's it. I think what he said just might be true b/c it makes sense. When we weren't such a busy nation, we focused more on Him, but we have lost the desire and want to attend church and grow. He said that only 17% (17,771 ppl) of our county attends church (any church) on Sundays. Sad huh?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also wanted to add that I added that "live traffic feed" on my page and I see all kind of different people reading my blog. I love that you are reading, but I would love it even more if you left a comment! Please do! I appreciate you reading!

2 comments:

Mari said...

Very interesting post! I think what you heard in church makes sense. I know I'm guilty of being too busy. I'll be praying for you tomorrow. I know everything will work out as God plans.
I enjoy my live traffic feed too - isn't it fun to see the different places that are stopping by? When you see Allendale Michigan - that's me! (or my sister Cheri who also reads your blog)

Cheri said...

I hope your interview goes well- they would be lucky to have you!!!
I enjoy my live feed also- it's so fun to see everyone that's reading your blog!