Monday, November 1, 2010

Weekend Craziness

Good Monday morning! We had a busy, fun-filled weekend, and it was so worth it!

Friday, we had our friend J over to stay the night! Ruthie was so excited! They played so well. J kept asking me if we had a pond. WE don't, but there are two surrounding our property, so we all went for a walk. His favorite part was me telling him not to step in the cow poop! Boys are so funny and easy to entertain! The loved throwing rocks in the pond. Randy's favorite part- the cows. He scared me. See, I am TERRIBLY AFRAID of cows. It's weird, but I am. I always have been. I had to lift Randy, J, and Ruthie over the fence, and then climb over myself (which was not an easy task!). Randy TOOK OFF running for the cows. Apparently, he is not afraid!

Saturday, we were running super late. We were headed to Randall's aunt's Halloween party. We had an amazing time there. We laughed and talked with family we hardly ever see.

Afterwards, we met up with J and his parents and went trick-or-treating. The kids enjoyed every.single.minute of it! Even Randy. Everytime we would turn the truck off, he would say "UH, UH, UH!!" He wanted out of his carseat. He would not let me carry his bucket either. He had to do it!

Ruthie was a pro. She was shy to begin with, but was all ready to go by the 2nd house. She loved having someone her age to go with. It made it much easier.

After trick-or-treating, we headed to J's house and roasted marshmallows and made smores. The kids really truly enjoyed it. Ruthie fell asleep on me sitting by the fire. She was worn out. We were all worn out!
Sunday was another amazing service! I tell you what, our preacher always brings the heat, which I totally love him for. He's amazing.
I wanted to add, Randy did have face paint on, but he kept rubbing it in his eyes, so we washed it off. If you can't tell, he's a rodeo clown, and Ruthie is a ballerina.


No comments: