Thursday, December 15, 2011

Precious Words from a 5 Year Old

We had to make a pit stop at Dollar General today to pick up a few things.  Here in our large town, (actually teeny-tiny) it's all we have.  We are walking the aisles b/c we don't have much to do.  Ruthie tells me she wants to buy a birthday card for Jesus.  How in the world could I say no to that!?  So, we walk down the card aisle and I read a few to her.  This is the one she picks out:


On the ride home, she tells me, "Mommy after I ate lunch I prayed a prayer and I told God that I will do what He tells me to do and I know that He is always with me.  I kissed my bracelet and said "thank You for walking with me!"  (Her bracelet says "Walking with Jesus")

This touched my heart.  She is at the young age of 5 and she already knows and understands God more than I could ever imagine.  She blesses my heart and soul.  I pray that she always remembers this and continues to love God and grow with Him.  



Lord, thank you so much for the precious daughter you have allowed me to raise.  I pray that Randall and I can continue to raise her in your Word and follow Your will for her life.  She is a gift from You and we are so blessed to have her.  Thank You for Your kind words, and always being with her.  I pray that she grows to know You more and more.  Thank You God.  Happy Birthday sweet Jesus!  

2 comments:

Mari said...

We could all learn from her! I'm sure He smiled hearing those comments and seeing her card.

Our Family said...

what an adorable blessing you have there! (((hugs)))